Skip to content
June 3, 2016 / kiranpatils

Unable to see components on Stats.aspx page for your Sitecore 8 MVC site?

Challenge:

We are near to launch one of our new site. Built on Sitecore 8.1 U1 and MVC, GlassMapper, TDS etc. As per our practice we applied HTML caching on all possible components. Which we were verifying whether it is working as per expectation or not. One of the way to do is using stats.aspx page. But when we opened it. It was displaying only one component — VisitorIdentification — Which is more of a Sitecore control. Then what happened to all our renderings? Same with you? Or you would like to be proactive? And eager to know what it was. Then this post is for you. Let’s delve in to it.

Solution:

As expected. We did a quick Google search and came across of this blog : https://blog.wesleylomax.co.uk/2015/11/20/sitecore-8-mvc-custom-site-not-showing-stats-aspx-page/

Two things came out from this blog post:

  1. This guy was unable to see his sites, where I was able to see site. But not renderings
  2. Required files were not attached.

Again, as expected. Raised Sitecore support ticket and they accepted it as BUG and provided Hot fix:

To fix the issue, please consider deploying the following patch:
1. Copy the attached Sitecore.Support.398176.dll assembly to the ‘\bin’ folder.
2. Copy the attached Sitecore.Support.Mvc.Statistics.config file to the ‘\App_Config\Include’ folder.

If there are any issues with this patch, please let us know. More information about Sitecore patches can be found here: https://kb.sitecore.net/articles/077333

To track the future status of this bug report, please use the reference number 94421. More information about public reference numbers can be found here:
https://kb.sitecore.net/articles/853187

Files can be downloaded from here :https://goo.gl/18BGgV

It worked? Awesome!

So, what was the issue? I am glad you are still reading. Lot of folks might have closed for the day. But I appreciate yo being curious to ask basic question “Why?”. Let me share what I understood:

  1. It looks recording stats information was not done for MVC pipeline or it might have been done at wrong place which was not working – Sitecore guys know it better. I am just assuming it here
  2. There are two IMP. pipeline in MVC <mvc.renderPlaceholder> and <mvc.renderRendering> where this guys have hooked code for recording that information e.g.    Statistics.AddRenderingData(…)

Special thanks to Pushpraj Ruhal (Sitecore support) guy who worked on this issue

Advertisements

2 Comments

Leave a Comment
  1. Vivek / Jun 4 2016 11:03 am

    Thanks Kiran Patil for sharing this, currently I am facing same issue while upgrading Sitecore from 7.1 to 8.1.

    • kiranpatils / Jun 6 2016 3:57 pm

      Awesome — Enjoy!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: